Keeping Me in Stitches

Saturday, January 20, 2007

some stuff done

The kitchen has been cleaned/picked up and dishes are drying in the dishwasher. I sat down and listened to the latest Cast On while spinning up some more of the Meteor fiber. I've only got two "chunks" (don't know the technical term....bits of roving) left and then this second bobbin will be done. I've been knitting on Brooque's baby blanket too and I've got about 10 more rows and the picot cast-off to do and it'll be done. Decided that the scarf for my co-worker is going to be something that I strictly knit on at work, so that's off the list for the weekend. And I got 8 hours of sleep today, so I'd say taht I'm doing pretty good on my list. I think I'll hit the dining room table tonight and get that cleaned off. Maybe then I'll work on my taxes since all of my forms have now turned up in the mail. Yay! I love feeling ambitious!

Plans for later today include more spinning, and driving to SoP to see if the Rowan yarn that my mom ordered from them at the beginning of December has come in yet or not.

Speaking of Mom....she got into a little bit of bartering with a lady in my hometown. This lady raises sheep and llamas, has been spinning, and has all kinds of fiber. I've got a bag full of CVM Rommeldale wool from her and it's heavenly. Well, this lady wanted Mom to knit a bag out of yarn she had spun. She asked Mom how much it would be and Mom got into bartering mode. She sent me a picture of 5 different colors of llama roving and I picked out two. So she's going to get me a bunch of fiber in exchange for knitting this bag. Awesome!!

And since I can't figure out how to put a ticker on the top of my blog, I guess I'll tell you all here. I haven't bought yarn since December 29th (when I went a little wild at Personal Threads). That makes it 22 days since I last bought yarn!! Yay for me!! I just needed to be my own personal cheerleader there.

Off to clean and knit some more!

3 Comments:

  • At 6:31 AM, Blogger Mamateja said…

    What a productive night.......well...I started nodding off while knitting so went back to bed about 10.......Dad called to pick him up after the ambulance run that interrupted our movie.....climbed back in bed and woke up at 6.....wow....I had eight hours. What bliss!

     
  • At 7:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Rah! Rah! Rah! Congratulations on your magnificent resolve!

    Dec. 29 is the last time I went to a yarn shop, but the STR club and Miss V's Etsy updates have caused me to invoke the "socks don't count" clause.

     
  • At 10:44 PM, Blogger dragon knitter said…

    you go girl! you're very ambitious! and congrats on day 22! shall i come and comment daily for a count down?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home