Keeping Me in Stitches

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

accomplishments and a neighbor cop update

Finished stuff before the neighbor cop update.

I completed the first sock that I'm test knitting for Miss Lime. I'm probably going to hold off on knitting the second one since I've got to be concentrating on the pattern the whole time I'm knitting. It hasn't been the most portable of projects. Plus I've got to have some easy sock patterns so I can whip through a bunch of sock yarn for the L&V 2007 sock marathon.

I also just finished spinning half of the Meteor roving that Eliza had dyed. Now I just need to spin up the other half and ply it. The spinning is going so quick with the woolee winder.

And now for the neighbor cop update/New Year's Eve party story.

Got myself all pretty-fied and walked across the street about 7:30. Turns out that no one was there except HIS WHOLE EXTENDED FAMILY....which included two sisters, one brother-in-law, mom, dad, a couple cousins, 2 nephews and a niece. I got introduced to everyone and then was grilled by the parents for the next 45 minutes or so until other people started showing up. His dad had actually let me in the door and greeted me with "Who are you and where do you live?" and "Are you the cookie or pickle girl?" (Evidently an older lady across the street from me had taken some pickles she had canned herself over to the cop.)

The place slowly filled up and I worked my way through food and a few drinks (actually Tony kept bringing me a new bottle every time mine started to run low). I talked to a few other people....then about 11 or so I'd had enough.

Let me explain. His house is a typical bachelor pad. Wood floors, very little furniture, and nothing on the walls to absorb the sound. It was really really loud. My ears were starting to ring and a headache was forming. So when another neighbor went to leave, I did too. Tony did make a point of excusing himself from the conversation he was having to say good-bye though.

So that was my new year's. I think his parents like me. Got a lot of teasing from his dad and his mom and I were trading nursing stories. When I told her what floor I worked on, she was pretty surprised that I hadn't thrown my back out yet from all the lifting we do. So the interrogation wasn't too awful. Tony just kind of hung around in the background through the whole grilling session though. Hmm....interesting.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh blegh, so you did the actual Midnight thing ALONE?! Poor thing.
    Well, at least you already met his parents, hahaha, no scary surprises there.

    I wish you a great new year with lots of interesting developments and good ol' knitting!

    MJ

     
  • At 2:08 PM, Blogger dragon knitter said…

    wow, he must really like you, even if you havent' dated. maybe the parents were an acid test?

     
  • At 7:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hmmmmmm.....Interesting. Family is obviously important to him, and you're right when you observe that his parents seem to like you a lot.

    Have you two actually dated yet?

    And doing the whole midnight thing alone is better than kissing someone, um, interesting in front of so many other people.

    Just my 2ยข.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home