Keeping Me in Stitches

Saturday, January 13, 2007

*yawn*

So I've been up since about noon right? That leads to a bigger problem. I'm tired....right now. I'd love nothing better than to go to bed, but I know that will throw my sleep schedule completely off and I'll be zonked for work this next week. *sigh*

The knitting is progressing. I'm slowly working on Brooque's baby blanket. She had a little boy last Sunday, so the pressure's off. And like Minnie said, I apparently don't have the Yarn Harlot's talent for baby's not coming until their present is finished. I want at least 60 stitches between the yarnovers and I've got 39 at the moment.

Of course I haven't been making too much progress because I finally finished the "ugly socks" for Diane and started some new ones. These are just a plain stockinette in Trekking XXL (either 66 or 76...can't remember which....the burgundy one) on size ones. I've been watching episodes of the first season of Smallville and it's been going fast. I'm about an inch away from starting the heel flap right now, but I've run out of discs for Smallville (I netflixed it and have to wait for the next ones) so I've switched to the baby blanket while watching Rodgers & Hammerstein musicals. The King & I is currently in the player.

Speaking of The King & I.....I've got something a little weird to confess. I love to sing Broadway showtunes. I'm sure that not many of you know that. But when I started the dvd up, I was very tempted to run upstairs and lace myself into my corset, just to see if I could sing along with Deborah Kerr through the whole thing without passing out. I pushed the urge down (don't want the neighbors thinking I'm too much of a freak), but I'm still tempted to try it sometime. Hmm....and the weird ideas just keep coming.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You know, of course, that Deborah Kerr didn't actually sing in those costumes. You can wear sweats and pretend that you are Marni Nixon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home