Keeping Me in Stitches

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Dude!!!

IT'S SNOWING!!!!!!!!

I know most people won't be excited about that, but I'm of the mentality that it's not really winter until it snows. And we haven't had snow here in Omaha until today. Yay!!! *does the happy snow dance* On the opposite side of the coin, I'll be completely happy if this all melts (which it will because it's been in the 50s for most of December) and then we don't get snow for the rest of the winter.

I got my Woolee Winder attached to Grace and have been spinning like mad ever since. I'm almost halfway through some roving that I got from the limenviolet etsy shop and I'm loving the fact that I don't have to stop spinning to move the little guide thingy. So cool!! I'd post pictures of what I've done, but the light stinks right now and the one pic I took with the flash completely washed out the fiber. The fiber is called Meteor and it's cream, pink, lilac, and a blue-y purple, but when it's spun up it looks like cotton candy. Prettiness.

Second skein of Red Heart *shudder* is tied onto the pinwheel baby blanket for Brooque's little one. I showed it to her this morning and she loved it.

The test-knit for Miss Lime is progressing. Things are going faster now that I'm onto the foot. I'm hoping to have this sock done by Thursday so I can give her all of my clarifications for the pattern. I feel bad that it's taken me this long to finish a sock!

And now I should probably go to bed so I can be up in time to make myself stunning for the neighbor cop's New Year's party.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh my, you were invited to the CNC's (cute neighbor cop) NYE party?! How did it go? ;)

    I wish we had snow here. it was the warmest year since 1706...

    Looking forward to seeing the spinning results!

    Happy new year!
    MJ

     
  • At 6:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OK, when do we get an update on the New Year's Eve party with the neighbor cop???? Hmmm??????? Enquiring minds (and ardent well-wishers) want details!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home