Keeping Me in Stitches

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Sock Yarn Inventory

Since the L&V Sock Yarn Marathon is due to kick off in the new year, I decided to do a little inventory of my sock yarns. So I got the pup distracted with destroying one of her toys and began the tally. I was a little shocked when it came out to FIFTY-FIVE PAIRS WORTH!!!!

So...that being said, my New Year's Resolution list for knitting is going to be as follows.
- I can't buy anymore sock yarn until I have knit at least half of my current stash...or 27 pairs(exception being the 2007 Rockin' Sock Club yarn because I already signed up for that)
- I am joining the multitude of knitters in the Knit From Your Stash 2007. I've got too much yarn and projects planned for said yarn to keep buying more yarn (I may fall off the wagon if I go to Estes Park for the fiber festival out there)
- I must knit at least two sweaters this year.
- I need to finish the lace projects on the needles (Leaf Lace Shawl and Branching Out)
- Complete Cindy's wedding afghan before her first anniversary in October

....I'll add more later if I think of them. And I need you all to hold me accountable. Unless something absolutely fabulous comes up (like cashmere laceweight for $20 or something like that) you must hold me back/tackle me/tie me up/or restrain me in any way to keep me from buying more yarn.

What's that? You want to see the complete list of my sock yarns? Okay. Consider this a drool-bib warning. Picture first.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sock Yarn Inventory

All Things Heather - 560 yds
-Pinkie
-Rapunzel

Austermann Step - 420 m
-10
-14

Brown Sheep Wildfoote - 215 yds
-Rhapsody (2)

Cherry Tree Hill - 370 yds
-Silver Streak

Cherry Tree Hill - 420 yds
-Foxy Lady
-Java
-Life’s A Beach
-Northern Lights
-Peacock
-Spanish Moss

Koigu KPPPM - 175 yds
-100 (2)
-105 (2)
-113 (2)
-202 (2)
-212 (2)
-446 (2)

Lime’s Sock Yarn - ? yds
-Shadows (2)

Lisa Souza Sock! - 450 yds
-Berry Poppins
-Emerald City
-Joseph’s Coat
-Shade Garden
-Sky Drama
-Wild Things

Lorna’s Laces Shepherd Sock - 215 yds
-Watercolor (2)

Mountain Colors Bearfoot - 350 yds
-Northern Lights (2)
-Thunderhead
-Wild Raspberry

Regia - 420 m
-5758
-5759

Schaefer Anne - 560 yds
-Bright Rainbow
-Easter Egg (pink, blue, lilac, white)

Sockotta - 414 yds
-08
-18

Socks That Rock
Light-weight - 360 yds
-Carbon Dating
-County Clare
-Lapis
-Mustang Sally
-Ruby Slippers
-Titania
Medium-weight - 380 yds
-Chanticleer
-Love-in-Idleness
-Rare Gem
-Rocktober

Storytellers Yarns - ? yds
-Flamethrower

Sunshine Yarns - 450 yds
-Chinese Fireball
-Hungarian Horntail
-Swedish Short Snout
-Welsh Green

Trekking XXL - 459 yds
-66
-76
-100 (2) (meant for kneesocks)
-109

7 Comments:

  • At 3:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh my God! *deeply jealous*

     
  • At 6:20 AM, Blogger cbknits80 said…

    If you feel like you have just too much and its weighing you down I'd be happy to take some off of your hands! Linked to you through L&V

     
  • At 7:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ooh, that's a pretty, pretty stash. Knitting through that should be a pleasure, not a punishment.

     
  • At 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wahahahahaha, that's just terrible! A small country could walk on the socks you'd produce from that!

    Ok, so I'm jealous, can you tell?
    Lovely stash!

    :) Happy Holidays,
    MJ

     
  • At 11:14 AM, Blogger dragon knitter said…

    i was NOT surprised. i've seen what you've been buying, and what you've been putting out, lol. i know better.

    i have to hunt to find all of mine. oy

     
  • At 3:35 PM, Blogger Mamateja said…

    Check out the armoire.....am I organized or what?

     
  • At 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, girl, that's a great stash of sock yarn! I'll join you in the Knit From Your Stash in 2007 resolution. Of course, now I'm going to have to take inventory of my own stuff. See my blog for a partial list of UFOs! Hugs, and happy new year! /jb

     

Post a Comment

<< Home