Keeping Me in Stitches

Saturday, October 13, 2007

another one down the toilet

....or the storm sewer. Had planned on mowing my lawn today since it wasn't supposed to rain until tonight. But when I ran out to the mailbox it started sprinkling.....then it rained....then the power flickered....then it thundered loud enough to shake the house several times. All of which adds up to the fact that the jungle is going to be completely soaked and I won't be able to mow it today. I'm hoping this rain will let up some so I can at least mow the front yard so I won't feel so bad when I compare my yard to the neighbors' perfectly manicured lawns. I'm so ready to just hire someone to do the mowing for me.

And the green blanket is into the 6th stripe. I think there'll be a total of 9 if I end up using all the colors. I've got plenty of time to get this done. No problems. Especially with the weekend off and a stack of movies to watch.

To-do list for the weekend:
-do a general pick-up around the house
-finish the dishes
-mow (at least the front yard)
-go to the Apple store and get a new ipod
-go to Borders while I'm out
-try to get two more stripes knit on the green blanket
-swatch for the 5 secret projects that I've got to get going on


.....and I think that should be enough.

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 12:30 AM, Blogger dragon knitter said…

    you might as well give up on the front lawn, too. it's supposed to rain off and on through tuesday (ugh!)

    at least it was dry for liam's marching competition, and when i went to pick liam & his date up at homecoming.

     
  • At 9:46 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Good luck on the blanket! What kind of iPod are you getting?

     
  • At 10:12 PM, Blogger Alcariel said…

    I guess the ipod has to wait until Wednesday since I overslept this afternoon and didn't get out there until after the store was closed. I'm just looking for one that's bigger than the 2 gig nano I currently have that doesn't work.

    And the lawn is a lost cause. It's supposed to rain through Wednesday at least, so I won't even be able to mow until next weekend at the earliest. Lovely.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home