Keeping Me in Stitches

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Holiday cheer!

Horked this off the Mason-Dixon Knitting blog. I just had to after I was snowed in out at E's on Friday and we were subjected to some really really BAD Christmas acappella music on the podsafe music network. Namely the people who don't understand that acappella means NO BACKGROUND MUSIC!!! So this is to make up for it. Comedy and good singing all in one.

I've also almost got my few Christmas presents that I'm knitting/spinning done.

First up is the Lost socks for my friend Sarah. She's moved back to Minnesota after going to school in Virginia Beach so while she used to say that she didn't like to wear socks, she's begging for them now. These are out of Yarntini's varigated sportweight in 4-8-15-16-23-42. Sarah had actually picked out something completely different, but I thought this was more appropriate since we're both such huge Lost fans.
Lost socks

Next is my Secret Santa scarf. This was done for a secret santa exchange at work and I ended up with one of the therapist who I know nothing about. So she's getting malabrigo. It's the One Row Handspun Scarf by Yarn Harlot done on size 8 needles in malabrigo worsted. The colorway is Azul Profundo.
Secret Santa scarf

And finally, I'm almost done spinning up the singles of Crown Mountain Farm's Sock Hop roving in Magic Carpet Ride. This is for my mom, so if it's not done by the time I head home on Friday I guess I'll just have to find a way to wedge the wheel in the car.

Guess that's it for now! If I don't post again soon, then everyone have a happy holiday!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 12:48 AM, Blogger Kindness said…

    Carin -

    I've been listening to you on Lime and Violet for a few days now, and OMG - you are absolutely hysterical. The ninja bunny story had me rolling, and the b*tch at work who schedules you desperately needs to have a serious attitude adjustment. (I'm on your side, girl!)

    Recently, I moved to Cleveland from CA, where I used to attend the Berkeley, CA SNB. (And you just KNOW a Berkeley SNB can't bee anywhere near normal!) Listening to you and Violet shriek, laugh, net surf, tease one another and generally cause hilarity makes me miss my former SNB just a little less. Because it sounds just the way we used to ....

    Happy knitting, girlfriend. Have a wonderful holiday, and a lovely New Year. I will DEFINITELY be checking in again with your blog.

    Alison
    (obsessive knitter and aspiring RN, if she can just get through the damn BioChem course she's required to take.)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home