Keeping Me in Stitches

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Mystery cookies

I baked a half batch of these tonight to break in my new oven. The "mystery" to these cookies is that they contain tomato soup! Once you tell people, they keep eating them and trying to taste the soup.

Mystery Cookies

1/2 c. melted butter
3 1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 can tomato soup (just plain tomato, not bisque or any other fancy variety)
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. nutmeg
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. salt
2 c. raisins
2 c. chopped walnuts
4 1/2 c. flour

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix butter and sugar. Let cool before adding eggs. Add the can of soup. Mix in spices, soda, and salt. Add walnuts and raisins, mix. Add flour slowly, mixing between each cup. Scoop dough onto greased cookie sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes until brown on top. Let sit on pans 1-2 minutes (no longer or they'll stick!), then place on a cooling rack.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At 10:42 AM, Blogger Pam said…

    MMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Those sound amazingly yummmy minus the nuts (dang allergies). I just may have to try these out today if I get my act together. I think I have all the ingredients.

     
  • At 11:52 AM, Blogger julia said…

    Tomato soup.
    That sounds ... weird. But I might try it .. do you have any suggestion for a brand that might be available in Germany? I don't know if "basic tomato soup" is different over here.

     
  • At 6:56 PM, Blogger Courtney said…

    Those sound very yummy....except I am not totally sold on the tomatoe soup thing LOL

     
  • At 7:21 AM, Blogger Emano said…

    When I think of a "can of tomato soup," I think of the condensed variety. Is it that kind or not?

     
  • At 11:06 PM, Blogger Alcariel said…

    That's right! Plain condensed, canned tomato soup. I use Campbell's only because I stock up when it's on sale. Just get a brand that doesn't have anything weird like basil or rice in it and you'll be fine!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home