Keeping Me in Stitches

Sunday, August 02, 2009

Let the Freak Out commence!

I always tend to freak out a little bit before I take a trip. Scared I'm going to leave something important behind, worried that something will happen to the dog while I'm gone...that kind of thing. This is a little bit bigger.

Sock Summit. I'm going. Leaving Wednesday. Have I packed? No. Do I have a list? Sort of....I've written down all the stuff I need to remember for classes and my laptop and Kindle. Am I worried that this trip will somehow come off the rails and crash and burn in a glorious explosion? Oh yes!

I know that everything will be fine, but that little ocd part of me wants to plan everything out to the smallest detail and do it *now*....two days before I leave. I'm fighting this right now. But I'm going to show you what I've got on the *must not forget* list so far.

-Stuff for toe-up sock class (half-done sock, needles, copy of stitch pattern)
-Stuff for sideways sock class (pick out yarn, needles, knit swatch)
-Scarf for Guiness World Record knitting
-Queen of Beads sock for plane knitting (yarn, needles, pattern)
-Kindle and power cord
-laptop and power cord
-camera and power cord
-phone and charger

And that is currently my whole packing list. Should probably include some things like clothes, underwear and deodorant, huh?

Excuse me while I go freak out in my little corner.

4 Comments:

  • At 4:06 PM, Blogger Sandykins57 said…

    Have a wonderful time! I'm sure you will, though. And think positively, if you don't pack enough yarn, you can always buy some there...

     
  • At 5:33 PM, Blogger Pandora's Box of FIber said…

    *pat pat* Don't worry! You will have a blast at Sock Summit, regardless of all the crazy beforehand!

    Besides, any forgotten projects can immediately be remedied by buying tons of yarn at the marketplace, right?

     
  • At 8:41 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    Relax and breathe. Oh, and remember - the more room you leave in your suitcase now, the more yarn you can stuff in it later! Wahoo! Can't wait to see pics/hear stories.

     
  • At 11:06 AM, Blogger BalletMommy said…

    Pretty much mimics my packing list! Not even THINKING about the clothes! But I have packed an extra bag just for yarn from the Marketplace! (tee hee!) Looking forward to meeting you and your mom in person!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home