Keeping Me in Stitches

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Bad things only come in threes...right?

I finished two really crappy nights at work this morning. At the rate things are going downhill, it'll be par for the course if I have a patient die on me when I go for my shift Thursday. Needless to say, very little fiber activity has taken place.

On the spinning front, I did manage to finish spinning up 4 oz of merino/tencel from Copperpot Woolies in Steel Roses. I've still got to ply it and I'm thinking Navajo ply just because. I might do that tonight if I feel up to it.

And today in the mail I got a box from CJ Kopek with my ravelry spin-a-long fiber. Eight ounces of the merino/silk blend in Envious Eyes. I had her leave out the glitz that was supposed to be in it and it's completely gorgeous and very much in my color comfort zone. Beautiful greens and blues with just a little bit of natural cream colored merino thrown in. Can't wait to get this on the wheel!

In knitting, I'm still slogging along on my two current projects. I'm almost done with the gusset on the first Lenore sock for my mom. I can't remember if I've mentioned those on the blog before. I'm knitting them up in Wollemeise in Granatapfel, a deep, rich red. The school Mom teaches at likes the teachers to wear red and black (school colors) on game days to support the sports teams. I had knit a pair of socks for her in another yarn that was red and black and she's worn and washed them so much that now they're pink and grey. So these should be done for her in time for next fall!

And then there's the bane of my existence....Mystic Roses. The KAL for this ended weeks ago. I'm just barely started on clue 2 out of five. I've seen pictures of this shawl finished and it will be gorgeous when it's done, but it's taking forever. I'll keep slogging away and hopefully finish it to wear to Estes Park in June. If it's not done by then, the back-up date to finish by is August for Sock Summit.

So that's the state of things right now. Just don't want to have the silence go too long here on the blog anymore.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:41 AM, Blogger gwtreece said…

    Keep at Mystic Roses. I finished mine last weekend and it is definitely worth it. It is huge and I love it.

     
  • At 6:49 PM, Blogger LoriAngela said…

    Sorry about your patient. I'm working palliative, so we have about one death a week. Some of them are strangers, though.
    Good luck on the Mystic Roses. I thought you were going to write that it wasn't worth it. At least it will be gorgeous.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home