Keeping Me in Stitches

Friday, August 07, 2009

Sock Summit - Day 2

Wow....just wow. I'm on so much overload right now.

Today was an early day for us. Up early so we could be at the convention center to pick up our tickets for the Guiness Book of World Records knitting. We got the tickets, then Mom and I started moving chairs. The convention center people have a *thing* about having chairs set up in neat rows all facing the same way. We take the rows apart and make a circle. Who knits sitting in rows like a classroom? How are you supposed to have a conversation like that?

9 AM was our first class. We both took Toe-Up Socks for the Stubborn by Deb. I've got all my numbers crunched and I'm ready to give the toe-up socks another try thanks to her!

Then at noon it was a run up to the upstairs ballroom to take part in the Guiness record knitting. The 15 minutes went by so fast! Probably the best part was when Yarn Harlot announced that the 15 minutes was up and someone hollared out from the back of the room, "Just one more row!"

Lunch was the buffet at the convention center and it was some of the best food I've had buffet style in a while. Today was a taco salad offering and I had so much food.

Then it was another wander through the marketplace to hit the booths that I'd seen yesterday and hadn't been able to get into. Snagged a great deal on Misti Alpaca laceweight from Webs, spotted the spinning fiber at Blue Moon, and got Dye for Glory entries from Purlescence Yarns (sock yarn) and Yarn Love (spinning fiber). Got some merino/bamboo blend sock yarn from The Sanguine Gryphon too since I missed out on their Bugga yarn. I think the only booth I still want to hit is the Signature Needles booth. I've got a yearning for some Stilletto dpns.

Tomorrow is my slow day, but I'm planning on being at the Ravelry meet-up tomorrow night. Hope to see some people there!

3 Comments:

  • At 3:46 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    I am soooo envious! It sounds like you're having an awesome time. Take lots of pictures! That way we may live vicariously through you.

     
  • At 8:05 AM, Blogger Lost City Denise said…

    Pictures pictures!

    Especially if you get those stiletto dpns.

     
  • At 10:30 AM, Blogger birdgirl said…

    I hope that you record your experiences!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home