Keeping Me in Stitches

Friday, July 08, 2005

RIP my old key board

My keyboard (which wasn't that old...it was new last November) has met it's tragic demise at the hands of a cup of coffee. I guess this'll teach me to never have beverages at my computer, but especially not when I'm coming off of my 5th 12-hour night shift in a row and need to stay up for a meeting. My hand-eye coordination is severely lacking when I'm sleep-deprived.

In knitting news, I completed my first booga bag and the miles of i-cord. It's ready for felting as we speak. That'll happen today and I'll have picutres later. I was also bad at sit and knit last night. I couldn't help myself! The shop had just gotten in bunches and bunches of Noro and I saw about 6 colorways that I wanted another booga bag out of. I got the prettiest one. Plus the fall IK was out so I had to get that and there are about 6 patterns that I've fallen in love with in there (more stuff to get yarn for on my trip next week!). Plus another book that I can't remember the name of, but it's got Viking inspired designs. I'm such a sucker for cables.

Also, my yarn I ordered from patternworks.com for my HP scarf finally shipped on the 5th. I placed my order June 30th. What the heck! I'm hoping that it gets here today. I want to be able to get a good start on it before the book release party so I can KIP.

In sewing news, my mom helped me figure out how to modify the pattern I picked out for my HP robe. I'm not going to line the whole thing, just put facings in the sleeves, hood and front of the robe. It'll serve it's purpose. I'll probably cut that out today and maybe start sewing tonight, but definetely tomorrow.

Now I've got to go clean up the mess that the butterball of terror has made. She seems to think that any cardboard box on the floor is her's to destroy so the box my new keyboard came in is now in about 300 pieces

1 Comments:

  • At 11:34 AM, Blogger Alcariel said…

    No sign of it yet. I've been waiting impatiently for the mailperson to get here, but since my townhome is at one end of the complex and the mailboxes are at the other, walking down there in 90+ degree heat is not my idea of a fun time. I'm going to wait until 2 pm or so before I go down there and check. I'll let you know as soon as I get it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home