Keeping Me in Stitches

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Yay!!!

It's time to celebrate on several levels.

#1- I turned the heel of a sock without a pattern (just a few basic rules). Yay!

#2- All the stuff that I ordered lately (including a Knitpicks order and two 1 pound cones of Zephyr laceweight) should be arriving this week. Yay!

#3- Our census is so low at work that I asked my boss if I could take Thursday off and she said yes!!! Yay!!

#4- Because of #3, I'll be able to be at SoP for the full time of sit and knit tomorrow.

#5- Also because of #3, I'll be able to get some sleep and actually be social on my way to the fiber festival in Missouri on Friday. Yay!

#6- I'm going to see X-Men 3 tonight! (This is big. I haven't been to see a movie at the theater since December.) Yay!!!....for me getting out of the house.

#7- Because of #3 (again), I get to sleep more!! Yay!

#8- I get to start my Rockin' Sock Club socks! Yay!!

#9- Phoebe is actually being quiet so I can blog. Yay!!

#10- My second batch of yarn is double-plied, skeined, and ready to be shown off on Thursday. Yay! (Sorry, Minnie!)

And that's it. I'm going to nap for a few hours before the movie.

4 Comments:

  • At 2:32 PM, Blogger the sideshow podcast said…

    *perk*

    Did you say fiber festival in Missouri?

    p.s. I saw you at SoP at the Mason-Dixon thing, spinning -- I'm a Lendrum devotee myself and thought about saying hi, but was distracted by yarn, as I am wont to do randomly.

    p.p.s. I might be going to Estes Park for their big festival. How does the one in MO compare?

    p.p.p.s. my email isn't this one, I'm at artgirl(at)gmail(dot)com most of the time instead.

     
  • At 10:43 PM, Blogger dragon knitter said…

    wow, sounds like you just got multiple bonuses all over the place! and that's ok, you can bring it again next week!

     
  • At 12:59 PM, Blogger puck said…

    ugh, i am about to put a little glitch in your day. i won't be at knitting tonight, and unfortunately have had work rear its ugly head on my vacation and don't think i am going to have the time to drive all the way down to MO on friday.
    sorry, sorry, sorry...i would obviously much rather go than stay here work, but i am away next week for a medical conference and won't have time to play catch up otherwise
    sorry, sorry, sorry! hope you guys still go and have lots of fun. i will weep over all your beautiful fiber purchases when you get back

     
  • At 10:11 PM, Blogger dragon knitter said…

    erin went in the hospital again yesterday and thinks she'll be there for 3-4 days. i forgot to call SoP tonight (we were at mark's folks). if you can let everyone know (i'm not terribly well connected to anybody other than you & jen)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home