Keeping Me in Stitches

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Band Day!!!

I'm back, slightly sunburned, but I had a lot of fun too. Last Saturday was the 58th annual Band Day in my hometown. The parade was way too long, but there were some great bands. And the field competition that night was great. No close calls with bands not getting off the field within the time limit, but it was a great way to spend 3 hours. My high school didn't win the big prize and, in fact, they finished 3rd in their class. But the color guard (which I was in all four years of high school) won Best Auxillary for the second year in a row. We had won all four years that I was in school and then not again until last year.

I did take pictures of the two high school bands from my hometown marching in the parade, but they're still on my camera. To tide you over, this is a scan my mom did of me at State Marching Band my junior year.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2 Comments:

  • At 7:22 AM, Blogger dragon knitter said…

    ooooooo you were so cute! (ducks)

     
  • At 7:57 AM, Blogger Mirawyn said…

    Ended up looking at your October 2006 posts for pics of your Leia costume.

    I totally understand the fun of watching marching bands for three hours! I was in flag corps for three years, and marching band was probably my favorite part of high school!

    Love the uniform...way better than ours. (Though yours doesn't look any warmer.)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home