Keeping Me in Stitches

Thursday, March 15, 2007

an executive decision

Ever since I got the Rockin' Sock Club package last Saturday, I've been waffling on whether or not to make the pattern that came with them. While I was waiting for my shipment to arrive (rather impatiently), I'd been seeing a lot of sock clubbers' frustration at not being able to get gauge, or finding the cuff was too tight to go over even the most shallow of insteps. It seemed there were a plethora of problems people were experiencing and I didn't want to start hating my socks.

My mom had gotten her kit a couple days before me and since she's a rookie clubber, she cast on right away. She's been giving me regular updates as she's been making her way through the first sock and last night sounded the death knell. Mom didn't even bother to bind-off the ankle...just pulled the dpns out and tried it on. The verdict? Too tight to get over her instep, so I knew there was no way it would make it over mine.

The executive decision? The Monsoon yarn will become RPMs. It was a fun pattern to knit for the ugly socks and I think it'll cause me less fits getting it to fit my crazy long foot with the high instep.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 7:57 AM, Blogger Judith said…

    Did you see the picture that Stephanie Pearl-McPhee (Yarn Harlot) posted on her blog of the RSC socks? OMG! I'm trying to decide if it looks like a fanciful mushroom or a diseased penis. Or the other way around.

    Anyway, I, like you, wasn't overly pleased with the color of that first skein they threw at you.

    Chin up, girl. You'll get through!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home