Keeping Me in Stitches

Saturday, March 10, 2007

hohum

My sock club kit finally came today!! Stupid mailperson shoved it into my mailbox (we have communal mailboxes about every block or so in my neighborhood and my slot is about 18"x3") so I had a little struggle to get it out. But it's in my hands.

Let me say that I'm kinda underwhelmed. It might be because I'm tired (working the weekend), didn't have my coffee, saw it on about 80 other people's blogs (which was almost impossible to avoid since my box came so late), or it might be the color. The color is beautiful as always, but it's just a little blah for me. I'm excited to start the sock though.

But it's here! Yay!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • At 6:11 PM, Blogger Nederlass said…

    All is right in the world..
    ;)

     
  • At 12:14 AM, Blogger dragon knitter said…

    what was the name of the colorway, again? i know, i've seen it a ton as well (they're already posting it on the L&V marathon, lol), but i forgot the name, lol. brain cells are dying as we speak

     
  • At 5:01 PM, Blogger Alcariel said…

    The color's called Monsoon, and my skein is grey, brown, and kind of an avacado green. Some of the other skeins I've seen have some blue in them, but this one's just kind of blah. And I actually was able to hold the skein up to my backyard yesterday and the same colors are mimiced back there (grey sky, green grass and dead brown grass).

     
  • At 8:56 AM, Blogger Judith said…

    Yeah, I saw the kits on other blogs, too, and I was underwhelmed. I don't think I'll ever love those particular colors, no matter what time of year.

    Well, happy knitting nonetheless. Oh, and let me know what they finally name the new color (I had to drop out of the club prior to voting.)

     
  • At 10:51 PM, Blogger KarenRebecca said…

    Heard you on LnV :)
    I also have a size 11 curse! :)
    haha.. Just thought I would let you know that I had a strange "kindred spirit" moment when I heard you say that.
    I am currently knitting Jaywalkers with Lorna's Laces in Irving Park. Taking FOREVER! but I know they are going to be wonderful.
    Sometimes I wish I had size 8 feet so that socks will go much more quickly. :)

    anyways, enough stalking.
    Hope to hear you again!
    -karen

     

Post a Comment

<< Home