Keeping Me in Stitches

Thursday, March 08, 2007

finished!

The relatives are gone, I got lost coming back from the airport (twice!), and I've got knitting to show off!

Don't have pictures yet (I will tomorrow), but the trekking socks are done. So that's another 437 yards added to my total for the sock marathon. My grand total so far (given away and knitted up) is 2042 yards or 1.16 miles. I had a goal of 2 miles and since the marathon has been extended until July 15th, I might actually make it!

I have to wait to get a ball of yarn from Minnie so I can finish the secret project (I checked and the color I need is called Blueberry, Minnie!). But that's really close to done and if she remembers the yarn for our knit group, then I might finish it tomorrow night while I'm there.

I'm almost done with the cuffs of my Rocktober socks. I think I've got six rows or so before the buttonhole row then the bind-off.

And as long as we're on the subject of STR....I still haven't gotten my sock club box in the mail!! Going off what the ladies said on the club blog, only the first 50 people's boxes to be mailed out got an email notification before they shut that feature off. And I got one of the emails!! So since mine was one of the first 50 out of 2000, why don't I have this box in my hot little hands right now!!!!! *ahem* Excuse the excessive use of exclamation points, but....I WANT MY BOX!!!!!! I don't blame the Blue Moon ladies at all. I know that the USPS is to blame (along with the blizzard), but we've been getting mail since last Saturday, so there's no reason for my sock kit not to be here. The BMFA ladies posted and said that if you don't get your kit by Friday to email them and they'll send another one out. I'll either do that or sit in a lawnchair at the mailbox on Friday and stalk the mailman. Might as well give the neighbors something to talk about.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 7:14 AM, Blogger dragon knitter said…

    it's in my car, lol. hasn't left the car since i remembered to grab it 2 days ago, lol

    how can you get lost leaving the airport?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home