Keeping Me in Stitches

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

barely surviving

We were so short-staffed at work this weekend. Sunday night especially....we had 3 nurses with 9 and 10 patients each for the 7-11 shift. I can handle that many on the 11pm-7am shift, but not those first 4 hours. I was basically running in and out of each room and just throwing pills at the patients. We survived, but it was tough. Then I got a call from staffing today (after only 4 hours of sleep) asking if I was available to work last night. Ummmm....let me think about that one...NO!! I'll be back into work tonight, off Wednesday, work Thursday, then have an entire blissful three days off. And I'm going to need it.

Once I dragged my sorry carcass out of bed at 8:30 last night, I got to knitting. I think that's what I miss the most when I work weekends. I don't really get to pick up the needles for three days. So after 8 episodes of Voyager, I have completed the Monkey socks for Mom's birthday!!!
mom's monkeys blog

They're the Monkey pattern from Knitty, done in Lisa Souza's Sock! in Berry Poppins. The only mod I made was to knit them on size 2s.

And that's it for now. My brain is fried so the secret project has made no more headway. That'll have to wait for the weekend.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:51 PM, Blogger LoriAngela said…

    Those are great socks. I hope to make a pair but I'm so far behind the trend. I just frogged my first jaywalker. Sigh. My sock knitting time is being taken up by nursing studies.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home