Keeping Me in Stitches

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Things are progressing apace...sort of....

...but right now everything is currently on the back burner.

This is due to my need to knit for a SUPERSECRET project which cannot be mentioned, but I will say that I'm using my old stand-by dishcloth pattern for it.

Christmas knitting is going okay. I'm in denial. One present is completely done, the second one is started. One still needs to have yarn bought for it.

My Leia hat for Halloween is close to being complete as well. I've got about 10 inches left on the second bun and then it just needs to be put together. Then comes the sewing of the dress. I'm in denial about having enough time for this too.

All you in the peanut gallery....quiet!! I will complete everything that I want to get done. I am not admitting defeat until I absolutely have to.

And I have begun Operation Empty Stomach with my neighborhood cop. I caved in today and went into Betty Crocker mode. He got 3 dozen chocolate chip cookies....the last dozen were still warm from the oven, and yes!!!....I did put the rest into a container that MUST be returned. Yay!

3 Comments:

  • At 9:51 PM, Blogger dragon knitter said…

    smart cookie (ducks). and have you been incessantly measuring the second bun as well? i'm not sewing anybody's costume except sean's this year, if i can get him to settle on something soon. i'm rewearing mine from last year, as is mark & liam (liam will not be trick or treating this year, he's 5'7"!)

     
  • At 10:22 PM, Blogger Alcariel said…

    I've actually only measured the second bun once and then I measured it agains the first bun.

    And the supersecret project? I'm more than halfway through my second one. I'll either have 4 or 5 for you by Thursday...all out of sock yarn. Halloween's the deadline though, right? And who else is involved with this? Just curious.

     
  • At 8:50 AM, Blogger dragon knitter said…

    holy cow! i've got something like 52 people involved at thispoint. tara, and alisha, and bill for sure. i emailed deawn to see if she wanted in. and a few other locals i didn'tknow about. i'll make sure they have a list. email me and ill let you know the reveal plan, lol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home